WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The first edition of the VEP is reserved to those working with wines abroad.
- wine education;
- country of origin;
- engagement in wine communication
MEMBERS OF THE SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE
- Maurizio Ugliano, Associate Professor at the University of Verona, Enological Chemistry, encyclical and territorial analysis;
- Osvaldo Failla, Ordinary Professor of the University of Milan, Science and Technology of Arboreal and Forestry Systems, co-author of " La Zonazione Viticola in Valpolicella", a zonation study;
- Pierluigi Gorgoni, teacher of wine tasting and communication techniques at IULM and ALMA;
- Paolo Veronesi, SIB Legal Lawyer & Denis Pantini, Director of Winemonitor by Nomisma;
- Denis Pantini, Director of Agriculture and Food Industry Unit of Nomisma – economic research institute - and Head of Project “Wine Monitor”;
- Olga Bussinello, Director of the Consortium for the Tutelage of Valpolicella Wines.
Our certificate will confirm your deep knowledge of Valpolicella wines.
- engagement in our promotion activity in your country;
- your professional profile will be visible on our website for our wineries (300 wineries joined the consortium by today);
- visibility on our social and other channels;
- annual meeting in Verona for updating information;
- free of charge ticket to Anteprima Amarone.
The exam will be divided into five modules according to the program of the course
The 5 subject matters of the course are related to Valpolicella territory and its wines:
- Valpolicella genetic and environmental resources;
- The rules on the names of wines. Labelling, Appellations of Origin, Trademarks, Protection Consortia and Production Standards;
- Production system and Valpolicella wines market;
- The wines of Valpolicella. Winemaking peculiarities and compositional characteristics
- Tasting of Valpolicella wines
Valpolicella Education Program syllabus
Director of the Consortium for the Tutelage of Valpolicella Wines
Professor of Wine Chemistry, Enology and Enography at the University of Verona
Professor of Arboriculture and Fruit tree growing and Chair of the degree course in Viticulture and Enology at the University of Milano
PIER LUIGI GORGONI
Professor of Tasting and National & International Enography at ALMA - The International School of Italian Cuisine.
Director of Agriculture and Food Industry Unit of Nomisma – economic research institute - and Head of Project “Wine Monitor”
Attorney-at-law specialized in Intellectual Property Law
View photos by year: